“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber” (John 10:1).
Psalm 5There are a million reasons why I hate porn. The entire industry is wretched. While using helpless and deluded young women, often sex trafficked against their will, the proprietors of it all line their pockets with 1000 dollar bills, and, in the process, create sex addicts out of children who carelessly log in on a smartphone or computer. To say porn is the worst drug ever invented is a drastic understatement.
“To say porn is the worst drug ever invented is a drastic understatement.”To proclaim that porn comes straight out of the nostrils of Satan is equally clear. Porn is instantly addictive. Porn creates pictures that never leave the mind of the user. Porn degrades women. Porn disenfranchises wedding vows. Porn leads to higher forms of degradation. Porn turns honeymoons into horror shows. Porn destroys marriages. Porn creates slavery. Only The Shepherd can set the captive free. Only The Shepherd can empower the sheep to walk in the pasture of purity and safety.
- Psalm 5:1 & 2 – “Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my groaning. Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God, for to You I pray.”Describe how prayer is the key to the door to the pasture of freedom, safety and security for the sheep.
- Psalm 5:3 – “In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice; in the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.”Why is it essential to begin the day with prayer and scripture meditation?
- Psalm 5:4-6 – “For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness; no evil dwells with You. The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity. You destroy those who speak falsehood; the Lord abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit.” Psalm 101:3 – “I will set no worthless thing before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not fasten its grip on me.”What degree of discipline and what standard of purity is required for a walk in true fellowship with our Holy Shepherd?
Why is a mind continually bathed in the Word the only path of safety and protection for the sheep that follow The Shepherd?
- Psalm 5:7-8 – “But as for me, by Your abundant lovingkindness I will enter Your house, at Your holy temple I will bow in reverence for You. O Lord, lead me in Your righteousness because of my foes; make Your way straight before me.”
II Corinthians 10:5 – “We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.”How does a believer keep his path straight and unblemished?
- Psalm 5:11-12 – “But let all who take refuge in You be glad, let them ever sing for joy; and may You shelter them, that those who love Your name may exult in You. For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O Lord, You surround him with favor as with a shield.”Describe your personal dependence on The Shepherd and the gladness of your heart for His hand of guidance and protection over your life.
THE SHEPHERD’S CALL
- John 13:15 – “For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you.” From today’s scripture, how does THE Shepherd inspire you to shepherd your flock?
MINUTE OF MEDITATION
“For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O Lord, You surround him with favor as with a shield” (Psalm 5:12).
Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication
Leave a Comment