“He brought me forth also into a broad place; He rescued me, because He delighted in me” (Psalm 18:19) .
“The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You support my lot. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me ” (Psalm 16:5 & 6) .
Being a native Texan, I can laugh at the jest about our Texas tendency to dream excessively!
“A Texan doesn’t want much land…just everything that adjoins his property.”
In a similar satirical manner, Dr. Seuss tells a story about “Yertle the Turtle” who wanted to see and own the world by stacking up all the turtles in his happy little pond so he could stand on their backs and see the world that he believed he had the right to rule. With very little care for the pain he was causing the turtles upon which he made his stand, “Yertle the Turtle” demanded that all turtles climb upon each others’ backs to give his self-made throne a world-wide view of all he believed he had dominion over. That is until a turtle named “Mack”, at the bottom of the stack, burped which caused the entire stack to come tumbling down and plummeted Yertle the Turtle to the floor of the muddy pond below.
- Psalm16:1&2 -“ Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You. I said to theLord,‘You are my Lord; I have no good besides You.’ ”
What does it mean to you to say, “I have no good besides You”?
- Philippians4:11&12 – “Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.
Like Yertle the Turtle and Texans in the satires, what are the dangers and pitfalls of greed?
- Describe the virtue of contentment by a lamb who “grazes in the pasture” of Jesus our Shepherd?
- Psalm23:1 -“ The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. ”
If Jesus is our Shepherd, is He enough to you?
- Why should Jesus’ provision of grace be sufficient for you?
- Honestly describe how your heart seeks after more,even when you already have Jesus’ provision granted to you.
- Philippians4:5-7 -“ Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus .” Why does greed lead to anxiety?
- Psalm16:11 -“ You will make known to me the path of life;in Your presence is fullness of joy;in Your right hand there are pleasures forever .”
What is David trying to communicate to you in this passage?
- How would your life be different if Jesus was truly enough for you?
THE SHEPHERD’S CALL
John13:15 – “For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you.”
From today’s scripture, how does THE Shepherd inspire you to shepherd your flock?
MINUTE OF MEDITATION
“You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever ” (Psalm 16:11).
Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication
“The Lord has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God. They have all turned aside, together they have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one ” (Psalm 14:2 & 3) .
Until He becomes your all-in-all, He is really your nothing at all. Psalm 14
The Heart of A Mom is a free online resource destination created to encourage and inspire Moms of all ages as they pursue the most important role in their life—being a Mom. Created by Dr. Joe White, President of Kanakuk Ministries, Heart of A Mom hosts dozens of Gathering events across the United States each year, welcoming women from all walks of life to an event created especially to thank Moms for all they do.
January 6, 2021
December 6, 2016
January 19, 2017
February 1, 2017
Joe White’s Drive Time Podcast
Bible bible study Branson MO Camp christian College student Communication devo devotional Discipline Electronics Faith Fatherhood Freedom Gospel Grace Heart Holidays home Humility I'm Third Influence Joe White Joe White Kanakuk Kanakuk Kanakuk Kamps Lampe Listening marriage Mind motherhood parenthood Parenting perseverance Prayer Psalms Purity return Sacrifice Scripture scritpture Sharing student Thankfulness Truth
- January 2021 (1)
- December 2020 (3)
- November 2020 (2)
- October 2020 (1)
- September 2020 (1)
- August 2020 (2)
- July 2020 (2)
- June 2020 (1)
- May 2020 (1)
- April 2020 (2)
- March 2020 (2)
- February 2020 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (1)
- August 2019 (1)
- July 2019 (1)
- June 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (1)
- April 2019 (3)
- March 2019 (4)
- February 2019 (3)
- January 2019 (2)
- December 2018 (4)
- November 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)
- August 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (2)
- November 2017 (1)
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (1)
- January 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- November 2016 (1)